Start using Microsoft Office or Microsoft 365 for your work
In this article, we will begin with the Activation guide and further move to Download, Installation, and Setup on Mac and Windows Devices. We will also focus on other major uses of Microsoft Office and Microsoft 365.
Learn how to purchase Office or Microsoft 365 online
To install and setup Microsoft Office you will need to Purchase Office or subscribe to Microsoft 365. If you have already purchase Office, you can skip this step.
- Go to www.office.com for Microsoft Office or www.microsoft365.com/setup for Microsoft 365 from your preferred browser (Windows/Mac).
- Now you can simply click on the buy office.
- You will need to look through the plans and pricing to see which one is ideal for your usage.
- Once you have selected your plan of choice, you can enter your payment details and complete billing.
- Your purchase is made. You will need to enter your Microsoft Account details or create a new Microsoft account. Keep note of your username and password, you will need it for setup and installation.
If you already have a Subscription or Purchase
If you have already purchased Microsoft Office or Microsoft 365 Subscription, then you will need to Sign In to your Microsoft Account. If you have a product key that came with the Microsoft Office, keep it handy as you will need it while setting up. Below are the details and a step-by-step guide on how to setup and install Microsoft Office or Microsoft 365.
All about your Microsoft Account
To Use, setup or install Microsoft Office or Microsoft 365 you will need a Microsoft Account, if you already use any Microsoft Services like XBOX, Skype, Outlook, you can simply use that account to keep everything in one single account. If you do not have an account or you wish to create a separate account, you can do so at www.office.com, www.microsoft365.com or www.microsoft.com. Keep in mind that you will need to remember the password so that you can use it in future.
Activating Product key
Now, comes the step where you will need to activate your “already” purchased Office or Microsoft 365. If you have purchased a product online, you must’ve received a product key in your invoice in your email. If you have purchased from a local store. You can simply use the scratcher on the back of the product card that you have purchased. Once scratched, it will reveal a 25 Alphanumeric product key in XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX format. This is the product key which is required for the activation of the Office or Microsoft 365 product. To Activate your product with your product key follow steps below.
- Go to www.office.com/setup for Office and Microsoft365.com/setup for Microsoft 365.
- Now, click on the sign in button, a blue button on the main page or the grey create a new account button.
- Once you have signed in or created a new account, you will need to enter the product key.
- After your product key is validated, it will be added to your account.
- You have activated your product key.
Now, all you need to do is, Download the Setup File
Installation Time: 30 minutes.
Done with the activation, now you can always check your activated product from the Office My Account at www.office.com/myaccount. Which is fairly simply and easy to login with. All you need now is to Download the Setup file and run it. First let’s see how you can download the setup file.
- As per your operating system, open a browser that you use and enter URL www.office.com/setup and Click on the Sign In button.
- After entering your credentials to log in to your account.
- Enter product key if you have not entered product key earlier. If you have already entered product key, you will be on the account page.
- Now select your Office from the list of products you have purchased.
- On the top right corner, click on the Install Office.
- Now, on the bottom left click on the blue Install Office button again.
- Check your Download Information and click on the Install button one last time.
- The download will begin, depending on the browser you are using, Save and run the download file.
This article from Bligx is a research done by Bligx R&D on Software team, instructing you on how to setup and use Microsoft Office.